Board Meeting Minutes
Conference of Interpreter Trainers
Online Board Meeting
April 15, 2007
Persons present: Brian Morrison, Cindy Volk, Cindy Farnham, Leslie Greer, Doug Bowen-Bailey, Annette Miner, Laura Covell
Vice-President Morrison called the meeting to order at 6:11pm CST.
- Vice-President Report: Brian Morrison plans to contact Sherry Hicks about inclusion of CODA in CIT within a few weeks.
- Secretary Report: Cindy Volk will look over the changes sent regarding the minutes and make those changes for approval over email.
- Treasurer Report: Cindy Farnham reported that she worked with Director’s & Officer Liability insurance company to change our coverage and saved the organization $343. Cindy is working with Matthew O’Hara regarding the funds from CIT/CCIE. Cindy is still investigating investing $20,000 of CIT dollars. The current checking account balance is $88,469.90.
- Director of Communication and Technology Report: Doug Bowen-Bailey reported that the newsletter will be coming out soon. He is waiting on information from CCIE regarding the SSR database. The new website is in progress. The website is http://www.digiterp.com/CIT2/
- Director of Professional Development Report: Laura Covell reported that she has received and distributed the information on hotels in Puerto Rico for the upcoming conference. We will wait to get information on other hotels from Myrelis in Puerto Rico. Laura will check if we can get equipment/media from the college and/or hotel.
- Director of Public Relations and Outreach Report: Annette Miner and board members discussed a possible survey to members about the likelihood of members attending a conference in Puerto Rico. Annette arranged to send WASLI a sponsorship of $450. She put out a call for a new logo on email and the newsletter and wrote a director report for the newsletter. She wrote a thank you to Julie Moore for her work on the newsletter. Annette checked out Jump Start software as a way to manage the CIT membership base and sent out a call for feedback on the Department of State letter. She also contacted Betsy Winston about the AA to BA degree white paper. She still needs to get the CIT website on the Department of State Interagency Language Roundtable website and do more research on starting a journal. Annette also sent out an email asking for reporters from across the country for the newsletter. By the next meeting she will have some feedback from members about names and ideas for a name change for the organization.
- RID Conference: Cindy Farnham will email board members a notice about hotel rooms, roommates, confirmation numbers, etc. Leslie will check with RID about putting flyers in registration bags, an ad in the program book and about becoming a sponsor. Leslie moved (seconded by Laura) that we spend $1,500 to be a silver sponsor which includes a full page advertisement in the program book. Motion carried (B07:04). Annette will make the advertisement.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:33 pm CST.