Call for Audio Visual (AV) Chair
The Conference of Interpreter Trainers is looking for an individual or team of individuals to coordinate AV services for the biennial conference in Charlotte, North Carolina. Coordinators must be onsite during entire conference. Meals and conference registration are included.
- Solicits request from convention committees, the Board, and presenters through the Program Committee regarding their needs for media services during the convention.
- Arranges to obtain (borrow from local programs, rent from convention facility or local commercial outfitter) all the necessary equipment.
- Works with presenters, committees, and Board regarding media equipment operation.
- Makes sure that insurance arrangements are made and security is high at the convention facilities in which media is stored and used. Coordinates with the Convention Site Committee.
- Schedules use, delivers to and retrieves from rooms at the convention, and maintains all media equipment required during the convention.
- Provides for knowledgeable committee individuals to be on call at all times.
- Arranges for transportation of equipment to and from the convention site.
- Returns all equipment to the original owner at the end of the convention.
- Trains all assistants (committee members/ volunteers) in proper use of pertinent equipment.
- Operates within the board approved convention budget following procedural guidelines developed by the Board Treasurer.
- Submits all final record keeping documents and reports as required by the Convention Chair.
- Prepares and submit a complete and final report within thirty days of the convention closing, including all financial matters (and checks and monies) to be given directly to the Convention Committee Chair.
- Submit a letter of interest (via snail mail or in an email attachment) which includes applicant contact information, including email addresses by February 29, 2012 to:
Central Piedmont Community College
Faculty, ASL and Interpreter Preparation Program
Cato Campus - Room 213
8120 Grier Road
P.O. Box 35009, Charlotte, NC 28235-5009