Call for Interpreter Co-Coordinators
The Conference of Interpreter Trainers is looking for a team of certified Deaf and hearing interpreters to coordinate interpreting services for the biennial conference. All applicants must be RID/NAD certified in good standing. Coordinators must be onsite during entire conference. Travel, meals, hotel and conference registration are included, as well as a complimentary registration for the next CIT Conference. Deaf-Hearing Co-Coordinators are encouraged to apply together.
- Work closely with Registration, Program, Program Book, and Volunteer Chairs.
- Send out an official call for interpreters and add it to the website. Use previous calls as a guide. Call should include a request for CDIs.
- Establish a firm deadline for applications from prospective interpreters.
- Review and select a team of skilled conference interpreters.
- Send out letters of acceptance and non-acceptance.
- Send out and collect contracts.
- Collect bios and pictures for the Program Book.
- Set up a schedule of assignments for the entire conference, including special events and luncheons.
- Collect presentation materials and distribute them to interpreters for preparation.
- Collect travel receipts and invoices from interpreters and give them to the CIT Treasurer.
- Obtain checks from CIT Treasurer and hand out to interpreters.
- Submit a final report at the end of the conference.
All applicant teams must submit the following:
- Letters of interest that include applicants’ contact information, including email addresses.
- Resumes highlighting interpreter coordinating experience as well as conference and platform interpreting experience.