Back to Committee Chair Descriptions
Must attend the business meeting at the conference.
- Sends out a call for nominations at least six (6) months prior to the election time (April edition of the CIT News. Deadline for April edition is March 15.)
- Sets a deadline for nominations to be submitted.
- It is important to leave enough time between the deadline for nominations and the 60 day notice of the slate of officers during which time an additional call may go out and/or solicitation of candidates may take place. It has not been the experience of recent Boards that a full slate of officers has been nominated by the 60 days notification point.
- Gets current membership list from Membership Committee Chair and remove individuals who have served two (2) consecutive terms in the same office
- Checks nominees against the final list of eligible members.
- Contacts each nominee for acceptance. If nominee accepts, ask that person to write a position paper to be printed in two editions of the newsletter prior to the convention.
- Makes up the slate of nominees and sends out to members in mail no less than 60 days prior to election.
- At the business meeting during the conference, is in charge of election procedures.
- Distributes and collects ballots.
- Tallies votes and reports results.