Conference of Interpreter Trainers
On-line Board Meeting
September 16, 2014
Present: Leslie Greer, Richard Laurion, Cindy Volk, Carole Lazorisak, Wink Smith, Kimberly Hale, Jimmy Beldon, Jessica Bentley-Sassaman
Excused: Samond Bishara
Meeting started at 4:30 pm PST.
August 2014 minutes were approved.
President Report – Leslie Greer
- Leslie contacted those individuals who asked for voice interpreting or other signed language interpreting at the conference and informed them that we would only provide ASL and International Sign Language at the conference and offered a refund if this was not acceptable to them.
- The board approved honoring all CIT past presidents at the conference with a gift not to exceed $75 each. Motion carried. (B2014:22).
Vice-President Report – Jimmy Beldon
- Discussion about the by-laws revision and needing to be a member for 60 days prior to the conference. It will remain as is for now.
- Richard, Jessica and Jimmy met with Shane Feldman and Dawn Whichter from RID to discuss the CIT-RID MOU. Tangible and intangible reciprocity ideas will be drafted. The hope is to sign the MOU on Wednesday of the conference at the opening ceremony. CCIE and RID also want to sign their MOU at the conference.
- Discussion about reconnecting with CCIE and a possible CIT liaison on the CCIE board.
- There are 6 – 8 International Sign Language interpreters for the conference. Discussion about interpreting services for the pre-conference.
Secretary Report – Cindy Volk
- Discussion about sponsors and exhibitors at the conference.
- Discussion about the Mary Stotler award at the conference.
Treasurer Report – Richard Laurion
- Total assets are approximately $232,000: $150,000 in the bank; $60,000 in paypal to be transferred; $30,000 being held to pay the hotel.
- Discussion about Street Leverage at the conference and their equipment needs.
Director of Communication and Technology – Wink Smith
- On-line voting has been tested. 35 people have registered for it so far.
- Patrick Fischer, who is performing at the opening, has asked for the early bird registration price. It was decided he could use the coupon code for early registration pricing.
Director of Membership – Jessica Bentley-Sassaman
- The membership form has been revised.
- Discussion of voting cards and information cards for the business meeting.
Director of Professional Development – Carole Lazorisak
- The hotel graciously gave a room to CCIE for a meeting on November 2.
- We are all set for one bus to Nightmare Factory at OSD.
- We have 8 volunteers so far. Discussion about volunteers receiving CEUs. It was decided that they could get CEUs if they were not working at the time.
- Discussion about forums at the conference.
Director of Research and Publications – Kimberly Hale
Kimberly had technical difficulties with her computer and will send a report later via email.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:00 pm PST.
The next meeting is October 14 at 4:15 pm PST.