The Conference of Interpreter Trainers is looking for students who are currently studying to become interpreters and Deaf people to assist by volunteering at our CIT Conference this fall. By volunteering, students and Deaf volunteers will have the opportunity to meet nationally-known presenters, researchers and authors, and experience exciting activities. Volunteers will assist in different areas of the conference work. Snacks will be available, and compensation or travel will not be provided.
Requirements for consideration:
- Students who are enrolled in an Interpreter Education Program
- Deaf people who are active in Portland Deaf community
- Possess good communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Time commitment: Monday, October 27, 2014 to Saturday, November 1, 2014
- Time slots can be arranged to fit your schedule. The Conference begins at 8:00 am and ends at 10:00 pm.
If you are interested in volunteering, please email to Xenia Woods at email@example.com
- Your name and email address
- Introduce yourself and discuss why you would like to become a volunteer.
- Talk briefly about your:
- ASL and English Communication Skills
- Character (responsibility, commitment, hard-working)
- Organizational skills and time management
Deadline: July 1, 2014. Please send an email and attach a complete application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.