Call for Presentations
A reminder that the call for presentations is available. Put in a proposal to share your practice or research with our membership at the conference in Portland.
[av_font_icon color=” font=’entypo-fontello’ icon=’ue836′ size=’40px’ position=’left’ link=’page,358′ linktarget=” av_uid=’av-b23qu’] Click here for details.
DEADLINE: ABSTRACTS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY MONDAY, MARCH 3RD, 2014, 11:59 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME. NO EXCEPTIONS.
We are working on finalizing details to be able to open registration in the next week or so. This is just a reminder that this year, there is a 35th Anniversary special. The first 35 members to register online will receive a $75 discount. Make sure your membership is up to date so you can take advantage of this offer.
|Member Rate||Non-Member Rate|
|35th Anniversary Special
Available only online to first 35 people to register – Coupon code will be provided when registration opens.
WHAT YOUR REGISTRATION PROVIDES
- Access to all of the presentations and workshops (CEUs provided.)
- A chance to network with and learn from CIT members
- Daily – coffee, tea & water service
- Wednesday – Opening reception appetizers and cash bar
- Thursday – Boxed Lunches (Black Forest ham sandwich, grilled chicken sandwich, or garden vegetable sandwich (vegan)
- Friday – Continental breakfast.
- Saturday – Breakfast buffet and banquet. (Soy curls and quinoa (vegan), Roasted Wild Salmon, or Steak and Bleu)
- An option to take part in The Great CIT Pedometer Dash – an event to promote fitness, raise funds for scholarships, and receive fabulous prizes. More information coming on this activity.
Call for Proceedings Editor
The board has also announced a call for an editor for the CIT Proceedings. Interested, check it out.
Think the Web Site is Down? Get Your IP Unblocked
by Doug Bowen-Bailey
As I stated in my article in the CIT News, as we switch over to this new web site, there may be some glitches to overcome. One of them seems to be an increase in IP blocks for our members. This happens when there is an issue with logging-in. If you use the wrong password more than 3 or 4 times, the security software on our server will block your IP. This is to ensure that spammers or hackers are not able to attack our site. Unfortunately, it also catches our own members. The result is that when you try to access cit-asl.org, you will just get a blank page and it will seem that the web site is down.
To prevent this issue, if you are unsure about your password, either use the “Forgot Password” link when logging in, or contact the webmaster for assistance.
If your IP does get blocked, follow these simple steps:
I will then be able to get DeafVision, our hosting company, to unblock your IP so you can once again access the site.