Hennepin County Medical Center employment opportunity
Deaf & Hearing Impaired Services Coordinator
Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, MN has a job opportunity for Deaf and Hearing Impaired Services Coordinator in our Interpreter Services Department. This position is responsible for facilitating and coordinating delivery of communication services for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired at HCMC. These services include sign language interpreter services, communication assessment for inpatient Deaf or Hearing Impaired patients, and arrangement of appropriate auxiliary aids. This position is also responsible for interpreting information between two or more persons communicating in American Sign Language (ASL) for patients at HCMC clinics or inpatient units.
- Six months interpreting experience in a medical setting
- Certification in Sign Language by the National Association of the Deaf (NAD) at level IV or V
- Or Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) Comprehensive Skills Certificate (CSC), Masters Comprehensive Skill Certification (MCSC), Certification of Interpretation and Certification of Transliteration (CI/CT)
- Or National Interpreter Certification: NIC, NIC Advanced or NIC Master
- 2+ years of experience interpreting in a hospital setting, including mental health and emergency medicine
- Bachelor’s Degree in ASL interpreting
- Skilled in Tactile ASL/Deaf-Blind interpreting
To obtain more information and apply for this position, please visit www.hcmc.jobs.
Job # 12099
If you have any questions please contact Rachel Tomsche, Recruiter 612-873-2779 or Rachel.Tomsche@hcmed.org