Job Title: Open Rank
Department: College of Arts and Sciences
Institution: North Central University
Application Deadline: July 15 or until the position is filled
Position Start Date: August 2017
Job categories: Instructional Specialist, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor
North Central University is a Christ-centered, Bible-based, Pentecostal school with a commitment to academic excellence that prepares students to fulfill biblical models of leadership and ministry throughout the world.
The Carlstrom interpreting department is seeking a faculty member with instructional expertise in American Sign Language and Deaf Culture. Duties include teaching undergraduate courses, advising and mentoring of students, departmental/institutional committee work, curriculum development for the Interpreter Preparation Program, connect with local community of interpreters and deaf community fostering positive relationships. Determination of rank and salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- M.A. in interpreting or related discipline
- American Sign Language Teacher Association (ASLTA) certification expected or willing to become a certified upon hire
- Previous college teaching and interpreting experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Committed to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
- Full-time faculty members are expected to be a member of or willing to become a member of an Assemblies of God church.
Interested parties may apply by sending a letter of interest, resume or curriculum vitae, statement of faith, and teaching philosophy through email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Dr. Ron Jewett, Dean, College of Arts and Sciences, North Central University, 910 Elliot Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55404.